(Credit: Anthony Jayasekera @ Romeo Lane – Melbourne Bar of the year 2020)
- 60ml ALTD Silver Princess
- 30ml Hibiscus Syrup
- 20ml Lime
- Place a few mint leaves in a Julep Cup or Rocks Glass, press gently with the back of a bar spoon to release oils.
- Pour in ALTD, Syrup and citrus.
- Add a small amount of crushed ice and swizzle briefly.
- Top up with a healthy amount of crushed ice and garnish with a mint spring.
For the syrup:
- Make 2 cups Hibiscus tea - Mexican Jamaica will work beautifully but standard supermarket tea will work just fine.
- Strain tea and add to a pot on a medium flame. Reduce tea by half until at 1 cup. Stir in 1 cup sugar until dissolved.
- Bottle and store, can be used in a simple ALTD, Syrup and tonic arrangement by the pool during summer too!